Combo Training Course
Combo Training Course
You will be charged a deposit today and the remaining balance 7 days before the course commences.
Expected release date: Mar 11, 2024
Are you a lash lover looking to start up your own business? Well then say hello to our Combination lash training course and the start of your career in eyelash extensions! This course combines both our Beginner Classic and Beginner Russian course in 1 day of intense training.
Classic lash extensions are the most foundational type of lash extensions, so mastering them is one of the most important steps to becoming a pro lash technician. Also known as the 1:1 method, it involves applying individual eyelash extensions onto each natural lash. If you're completely new to the lash game, the Classic technique can seem pretty intimidating at first. But don't worry, we're ready to provide the support you need throughout the course until you get the hang of it.
Russian eyelash extensions are one of the most sought-after lash styles on the planet! But without the right training, they can be a bit tricky to master.
The Russian volume lash technique involves applying multiple super fine lashes onto each natural lash, which provides an instant volume and length-boosting effect. This makes Russian lashes a bit more challenging to apply compared to Classic lashes!
This fully accredited lash course will equip any hopeful lash artist with the skill set and knowledge they need to create the perfect set of both Classic and Russian lashes.
What a BELO Combo Lash Extension Course looks like:
BELO Lash's Combination lash course for beginners will equip lash artists with everything they need to know on how to prepare and create the perfect Classic and Russian volume lash treatments for their clients!
What you do before you begin applying your lashes is just as important, which is why our training courses will guide you through all the essential pre-treatment procedures including:
- Patch tests: Patch testing is one of the best ways to ensure client safety during a lash extension treatment. We'll go through proper patch testing techniques and what you should be watching out for during the patch test period.
- Client consultations: To create the perfect eyelash extension look for your clients, you really need to understand what your client wants from their treatment. Here, you'll learn how to build rapport with your clients and what questions you should be asking to make sure you're creating the perfect look for each, unique client.
- Contra-indications: Identifying contra-indications is another crucial aspect of ensuring client safety, which is why we'll start from the basics and go through what exactly a contra-indication is and how you can spot them from a mile away.
- Health and safety: Our expert trainers will provide advice on how to work safely in a beauty salon environment, including eye safety, how to handle tools and tips on ensuring the safety of your clients during lash treatments.
- Insurance & professionalism: Professionalism is key when managing your own business, so we'll be showing you how to conduct yourself as a technician and the day-to-day safeguarding you need.
- Human lash cycle: how eyelash growth impacts the effect of lash extensions over time.
Application, Technique, and Practice
This part of the course combines a bit of theory - where you'll be looking at case studies - with some fun practical work so you can pick up some new techniques and skills to apply the perfect Classic eyelash extensions.
- Types of lash extensions: Starting off with basics, we'll go through the different types of lash extension styles out there, including the effects of different curls, finishes and structures.
- Adhesive/glue management: The type of lash adhesive you use can really affect how long your client's new lashes last, so we'll teach you how to ensure that you're using the right glue for your lashing technique.
- Application, isolation and attachment: This is where we get to the good stuff - practical, hands-on training to practise the Classic/Russian eyelash extension techniques.
- Mapping and styling/eye shapes: While practising new lash application techniques, you'll also learn popular styles for classic eyelashes, including different shapes such as the cat eye and doll eye looks.
- Handmade fan training: As part of our Combination lash training, you'll get to practise the skills needed to create the perfect volume fans for your Russian lash treatments. Whether you want to use the rolling, lonely fan, or pinching technique, you'll walk out of BELO HQ as a lash fan master!
- Russian volume technique: Most of the course will involve practical training, where you'll be able to practise applying eyelash extensions using the Russian volume lash technique. You'll have a go at using practice lashes to create volume fans and apply them. The course will also include some time when you can practise applying extensions to natural lashes.
- BELO golden rules: Each trainer here at BELO Lash has years of experience in the lash industry, and in all that time we've learnt some secret tips and tricks. During our sessions, we'll be sharing all of our top-secret insight including tips for eyelash extension application, client consultations and industry insights.
- Infills: Aside from applications, we'll also teach you how to maintain beautiful lash extensions for your clients with infill techniques.
Post-treatment and Aftercare
- Maintenance and aftercare: As lash technicians, we're responsible for educating our clients to make sure their new lash extensions last as long as possible. Our BELO trainers will provide aftercare advice for your clients and teach you how to encourage clients to take care of their extensions.
- Removals: Students will also practise how to safely remove eyelash extensions without causing damage to the natural lashes.
Business Development and Growth
- Pricing your service: How much should you charge for eyelash extensions? BELO provides insight into the scalability of your services so you can price your services fairly and appropriately.
- Social media: When it comes to promoting your lash brand, social media is king. That's why we'll also teach you how you can effectively promote your lash extensions via a strong social media presence, plus some insights into branding and voice.
- CPD: Continuing professional development is key for eyelash technicians to learn new skills and techniques such as volume techniques!
What will I get out of the training course?
In the second half of our Combination course, you'll have to complete a practical assessment to test you on all the knowledge and skills you've picked up during the training session. If you pass the assessment - and we're sure you will - you'll get a certificate to show that you've completed our Beginner classic and Russian course and are a fully accredited eyelash extension expert! You can show off your certificate and hang it up in your salon for all your clients to see.
After the course, you won't have to worry about purchasing equipment either. As part of our Combination Training Course, you'll also receive a complete Classic/Russian Lash Kit that's worth over £150! Each kit comes with all the essentials you'll need to apply the perfect Classic and Russian volume eyelash extension look:
Premium BELO LASH essentials
- 2x trays of our Cashmere flat lashes for classic application
- 2x trays of our Velvet Volume trays for Russian application
- 1x Forever Fix eyelash extension primer
- 1x Cream Lash Extension Remover
- 1x BELO Bulletproof Bond lash adhesive
- 1x Lash Cleanser
Premium BELO LASH Accessories
- 2x Lash Tape
- 10x Cooling Eye Pads
- Lash Spoolies
- 1x Straight Tweezer
- 1x Volume Tweezer
- Alcohol Wipes
- Belo notepad and pen
Use these kits to practise your lashing skills at your own pace or, once you're ready, kickstart your lashing business and start providing treatments for all your gorgeous clients. If any of these products in your kit run out, you can always pick up more of your favourite lashing products right here at BELO!
All of our beauty courses will be held at BELO Lash HQ in Oldham, near Manchester. The complete address is:
2, Slater Street
The course will begin at 10am and finish at around 5pm, so please make sure to arrive with plenty of time to relax and mingle! Manchester is notorious for heavy traffic, so if you're driving to Oldham we recommend accounting for extra travel time just in case. Lunch will also be included - just let us know if you have any dietary requirements beforehand.
All students must be at least 17 years old to enrol on this course.
Due to previous incidents, we also advise students to arrange their own eyelash model wherever possible. Students should also assess their model's lashes before starting the training course to ensure that they are suitable for eyelash extension treatments.
All students must pass a practical assessment with BELO trainers to gain the accredited certificate of completion. Students who fail the practical assessment will not receive a certificate of accreditation.
Frequently asked questions
Who can attend BELO's beginner Russian lash course?
Our Beginner Combination Course is the perfect training course for anyone new to lash extensions! If you're a more experienced lash tech, we've got you covered too - for more experienced lash techs, our Advanced Masterclass Training Course.
I'm completely new to eyelash extensions, can I enrol in this Beginner Combination Training Course?
YES! The course is made for lash techs new to the lash world, we've designed the course to combine both our Classic lash course and Russian lash course.
Is the Beginner Combination Training Course available as an online course?
Unfortunately, our Combination Training Course isn't available as an online training course. If you can't make it to one of our training sessions, don't worry! We've put together some online courses that you can take from the comfort of your own home.
If you're interested in creating a spikey eyelash extension look, we highly recommend checking out our Baddie Lash Online Masterclass! Or, if you prefer using our Pretty in Pro Made Volume Fans, our Pro Made Fan Masterclass will help you create the perfect half set using our best selling fans.
For all the new and aspiring lash artists out there, what are you waiting for? Sign up for our Beginner Combination Lash Training Course today and you'll be applying lashes like a pro in no time!